Friday, January 14, 2011

Managing Education Blogs

Denvy asked us to take a closer look at this subject.  On the web, I've discovered "Edublog."  They offer services to help one "manage" their blog and their focus is on the education community.  Here is their video about the top 10 was to use edublog:  http://edublogs.org/10-ways-to-use-your-edublog-to-teach/  Many of these benefits are ones we can obtain now, without edublog.  However part of their value proposition appears to be the "Featured Blogs" from their hompage that links users of their service in too the larger teacher community (683,000) that also use these services.

I think I'll have to try their free edublog to get a better idea of how they can help teachers to "manage" their own websites.

4 comments:

  1. For another class I had to create an EduBlog account. It was a little overwhelming seeing as there was so much being offered! However, once I got used to it, I realized it was quite useful! :) I think it is a great idea for educators to be open to joining :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was an interesting video - shows the many potential uses. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its nice to know that there are options out there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great video; it shows many ways to use a blog to reach your target audience.

    ReplyDelete